Am I allowed more than one parking permit?

The answer to this will depend on the site on which you live and what the availability is. As not all Peabody sites have the same parking arrangements, if you have a parking contractor in place we recommend that you contact them directly to confirm whether they can provide additional permits to you.

Can I obtain temporary parking permits for an exceptional circumstance?

Yes, where there is a parking contractor in place the contractor can issue a temporary parking code for the day which would make a vehicle exempt. They can also suspend patrol for the day if necessary.

In these cases you should contact Peabody Customer Hub on 0300 123 3456, with all the details. Be sure to do this in advance to ensure there is enough time to make arrangements.

We would always try to agree to the suspension unless there was a reason we could not, for example if they are not under our control because the bays belong to other residents.

Can you help me to appeal against a parking fine?

No, Peabody cannot intervene between you and any parking enforcement company as Peabody is not responsible for issuing the parking fine (also known as a parking charge).

You should go through the appeal process of the parking enforcement company responsible for issuing you with the parking fine. Their details will have been provided on any correspondence sent to you regarding the parking fine.

How do I renew my parking permit?

To renew your permit, please contact the PCM permit team directly on 01753 512603 (option 3) or email

If you live in Thamesmead, your parking provider will likely be P4Parking. You can contact them by telephone on 0845 556 0789.

If you are unsure who your parking provider is, you can call the Customer Hub on 0300 123 3456, or contact us via My Peabody.


How much will my parking permit cost?

From 1 April 2021, parking permits are charged at each boroughs average permit rate +10%.

Many local authorities vary their charge based on the emission levels of each vehicle. Our
price takes into account the average number of vehicles expected to be in each of these
emission bands, to give a fair average price for each borough.

To find out how much a parking permit will cost in your borough, please call the Customer Hub on 0300 123 3456, or contact us via My Peabody.

How do I report an abandoned vehicle?

You can call us on 0300 123 3456 or contact us via My Peabody. Please attach any pictures you have of the abandoned vehicle. 

It would be helpful if you can provide the following information when you contact us:

• Has the car been left in the same place for a significant amount of time? (two to three weeks would not be classed as significant as the owner may be away.)
• Is the car damaged or run-down? For instance does it have flat tyres, wheels removed, or broken windows, is burnt out, or have number plates missing?
• Is the car blocking access to any other parking space, or causing a health and safety issue?

Food Bank

Support finder

We’ve put together a list of organisations and online resources to help you with cost-of-living payments, support your health and wellbeing and boost your skills and career opportunities.
Woman at computer screen

Contact us

See all the ways you can get in touch with us to talk about your rent and finances, household permissions, neighbourhood enquiries and repairs.