The Youth Service in Waltham Forest works with our communities to support young people's personal and social development.
We help provide opportunities for children and young people to engage in activities that are challenging but also enjoyable and fun.
Our main focus is to support children and young people to develop skills that will help them shape their own future. All of our youth projects are created in consultation with young people. We work to develop projects that use local facilities to support activities that young people are interested in, such as sports, music, drama and dance. We also offer access to employment and training opportunities.
Waltham Forest Youth Programme
Chingford Youth Club (5 Ching Way, Chingford London E4 8YD)
- Monday 5pm-7pm, 8-12 years: various workshops which will be advertised and chill time where young people get to socialise while playing pool, table tennis, PS4 etc.
- Wednesday 4pm-6pm, 8 years+: Multi-sports with Tottenham Hotspur. Young people take part in football and basketball drills and matches, dodge ball and healthy eating workshops.
- Thursday 5pm-7pm, 8-12 years: Film Club were young people get to watch films and then review them online via 'into film'. They can also take part in competitions and filming workshops.
On Thursday evenings in Chingford we've also introduced a youth club for children over 12. Here they can take part in a self-development programme called Break the Cycle. We're also developing a radio station where young people can take part in radio broadcasting, editing, mixing, recording and journalism.
Leytonstone Youth Club (Langthorne Park Pavilion, London E11 4YG)
- Thursday 5pm-7pm, 8 years+: Youth club consisting of various workshops (including the radio station) and chill time with games.
Leyton (100 Oliver Road, London E10 5YJ)
- Friday 4pm-6pm, 8 years+: Leyton youth club is our latest club to open. It takes place at the Leyton Score building in partnership with Leyton Orient. Activities include chill time and various workshops such as developing a radio station. We'll be introducing sporting activities soon.
If you'd like to get involved, make a referral, or find out more information about our youth services, please send us a message: