Swap a home
Information for residents who want to swap homes or mutually exchange their home.
If you have a secure or assured tenancy with us, you can swap or mutually exchange your home with another Peabody resident, a tenant of another housing association, or a council tenant.*
You cannot exchange with somebody in private rented accommodation.
You’ll need written confirmation from us before you arrange to move, and your exchange partner needs written confirmation from their landlord too.
How to apply
1. Find someone to swap with
- It’s quick to register
- It’s easy to use
- It helps answer important questions, like the distance to schools and hospitals
- No more time wasting - it only connects you to someone if there’s a two way match
- It’s designed for mobile - you can use it anywhere, any time
You'll also find thousands of people wanting to mutual exchange on these homeswapper websites:
- House Exchange
a national scheme with a live database and email alerts
offers filtering options to help you find the perfect match
2. After you've found someone
Please contact us via the form below:
* This does not apply to former Crown Estate homes.