Anti-social behaviour

Are cases of anti-social behaviour reviewed?

Residents can ask us to review decisions we make in relation to anti-social behaviour (ASB).

Review requests should be:

  • Made in writing;
  • Made within 21 days of the resident being notified of the decision;
  • Addressed to the anti-social behaviour team manager.
  • State why you think the original decision is wrong,
  • And provide any supporting evidence (all  evidence must be submitted within the 21 day deadline)

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Can I report anti-social behaviour (ASB) anonymously?

Yes, any customer can report ASB anonymously. However, please be aware that it can prove difficult to investigate and gather evidence without access to full details.

Can you help me if I am experiencing domestic abuse?

Yes, we would encourage you to call us if this is happening to you. Our team will initially ask you a few questions so that we can assess any risk factors and provide appropriate support.

Please contact us and ask to speak to the Community Safety team.

How are anti-social behaviour cases classified?

We've introduced a PEN (personal, environmental, nuisance) matrix to assess the anti-social behaviour (ASB) reported and whether it would be classed as low, medium, or high. It provides justification for actions that are taken, such as investigation, referral or protection. It also provides justification as to why no action needs to be taken if the level of intervention is in dispute.

We assign each type of anti-social behaviour a priority level and a response time frame.

-How can I report anti-social behaviour (ASB)?

You can report an ASB incident to us in a number of ways:

How do I appeal a cautionary contact decision?

Please see below the different steps to appeal a decision:

  • Please write to us within 10 working days of receiving the original decision;
  • An independent panel of Peabody colleagues will decide whether the original decision should be upheld;
  • You will receive the outcome of the appeal in writing and you will be notified of any next steps within 5 working days of the appeal being held.

You can direct your appeal to the manager of the service area that has applied the cautionary contact.

Please contact us online or write to us.

How do I appeal against a closure of an anti-social behaviour (ASB) case?

Residents can ask us to review decisions we make in relation to ASB.

Review requests should be:

  • Made in writing.
  • Made within 21 days of the resident being notified of the decision.
  • Addressed to the anti-social behaviour team manager.
  • State why you think the original decision is wrong.
  • And provide any supporting evidence (all evidence must be submitted within the 21 day deadline).

Please contact us online or post it to us.

How do I report that a neighbour is taking or smoking drugs?

You should report your concerns to the police in the first instance as they have statutory powers to investigate allegations of drug use. To do so please call your local station, or contact them via their website.

Once you have reported this issue, and you have an incident number, please contact us. Our anti-social behaviour team or your allocated neighbourhood experience manager will then be in touch with you to investigate your concerns.

Communities team

Is the Advice and Wellbeing team only for residents?

Yes, the Advice and Wellbeing team service is only for residents.

Can the Communities team help with English for Speakers of Other Languages services?

The Communities team's Employment and Skills service can support residents in accessing local English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) services.

Please contact the team to learn more.

Do you have community centres to hire in London?

Yes, we have community centres in London that can be hired by both residents and non-residents. We have:

The bookings are on a chargeable basis and the hourly charges vary for residents and non-residents. For details on how to book, please visit our community centres page.

Do you have local community projects?

Yes, our Communities team delivers a range of community projects in our neighbourhoods.

These projects are aimed at investing in the community and have included gardening, sewing and gyms. If you are interested in knowing more please visit our community projects page.

Do you offer any grants to support residents?

Yes, Catalyst Housing Charitable Trust (CHCT) offers financial grants to resident groups.

These group grants are:

  • ‘Community Chest’ for established groups, or individuals.
  • ‘Innovation Fund’ for established groups, or organisations.

For further details please contact us.

Do you offer any volunteering opportunities to residents and non-residents?

Yes, our Communities team lead on volunteering opportunities for residents and non-residents.

Opportunities are available in:

  • Coaching and mentoring young people, for residents.
  • Community volunteers for events, for residents.
  • Community champions, these are resident peers engaging other residents to connect with services.
  • Coaching volunteers in employment and skills – this is for residents only.
  • Coaching ‘Gener8’ – these are through referrals from a school in an identified priority area.
  • Financial inclusion volunteers.

For further information on recruitment, training and working as a volunteer opportunities please contact us.

Do you offer support for vulnerable residents under 55?

Yes, our specialist support services provide care and support to vulnerable residents living in our self-contained, rented and leasehold properties.

The service is available to residents aged 24-54 and supports with the following:

  • Physical and mental health.
  • Learning disabilities.
  • Substance misuse, or addiction.
  • Support to victims, or perpetrators of anti-social behaviour.
  • Behaviour problems.
  • Support where there is risk of losing your tenancy or lease due to any of the above and non-payment of rent.

For referral to the above support please contact us.

Do you offer employment skills support for residents?

Yes, our Communities team provides employment skills support to Catalyst residents on the following:

  • Looking for a job or apprenticeship.
  • CV support.
  • Interview skills.
  • Looking for a placement, or work experience.
  • Improving job related and key skills.
  • Support with job searches.

For further details please contact us.

Moving out of my home

How do I return my keys to you if I am leaving my home?

You should return all your keys to your nearest Peabody office for the attention of the repairs surveyor. You will be asked to sign a receipt to confirm that the keys have been returned.

Please note all keys must be returned to us by 12pm on the Monday following the end of your tenancy. If not, we will continue to charge a weekly rent until all keys and fobs are returned.

Keys can be returned to us earlier if the you move out of the home before the end of your tenancy.

I've attending a viewing but haven't heard anything?

The viewing officer will contact you within two working days to advise if you have been successful.

If you’ve not heard anything, it may be because you’ve been unsuccessful in securing the property. In this case, please continue to bid.

What should I do with the garden when I leave my home?

The garden should be left in a clean and tidy state. You must remove any large goods and also clear any personal items from the shed. We may charge you for the removal charge of any large items you leave behind.

What should I do with my belongings when I leave my home?

You need to remove all belongings from your home before you return the keys. If you leave any belongings behind you may be charged an additional weeks rent, or the cost of removing the items, which may also be disposed of.


Am I allowed more than one parking space?

The answer to this will depend on the site on which you live and what the availability is.

As not all Peabody sites have the same parking arrangements, if you have a parking contractor in place we recommend that you contact them directly to confirm whether they can provide additional permits to you.

Can I get a temporary permits for a funeral?

Yes, where there is a parking contractor in place the contractor can issue a temporary parking code for the day which would make a vehicle exempt.  They can also suspend patrol for the day if necessary.

In these cases you should contact us with details of the date and time of the funeral and we will make arrangements with the parking contractor.

We would always agree to the suspension unless there was a reason we could not, for example if they are not under our control because the bays belong to other residents.

Can you help me appeal against a parking fine?

No, we can't intervene between you and any parking enforcement company as Peabody is not responsible for issuing the parking fine (also known as a parking charge).

You should go through the complaints process of the parking enforcement company responsible for issuing you with the parking fine. Their details will have been provided on any correspondence sent to you regarding the parking fine.

How can I renew my Q-Park parking permit?

You can renew your Q-Park parking permit by contacting us. We're available from Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm.

When contacting us, please provide the following details:

  • Your name and address.
  • Let us know that the payment is for parking, and not a rent payment.

How do I report an abandoned vehicle?

Please contact us to report an abandoned vehicle.

It would be helpful if you can provide the following information when you contact us:

  • Has the car been left in the same place for a significant amount of time? (Two to three weeks would not be classed as significant as the owner may be away.)
  • Is the car damaged or run-down? For instance does it have flat tyres, wheels removed, or broken windows, is burnt out, or have number plates missing?
  • Is the car blocking access to any other parking space, or causing a health and safety issue?

How much will my Q-Park parking permit renewal cost?

A Q-Park parking permit renewal for the year is a one off payment of £440.

You can make a payment by credit, or debit card.


Can I have an assistance dog to support me with my disability?

As long as we have confirmation from the issuing body that you have been approved for an assistance dog we will give permission for residents to keep an assistance dog, such as guide dogs for the blind, hearing dogs for the deaf, or dogs for the disabled.

Please contact us for more information.

Do I need permission to have a pet?

Yes, you'll need written permission from us before you keep a pet.

The process is different depending on whether you're renting your home from us or you're a shared owner or leaseholder.

  • If you're a leaseholder or shared ownership customer your rights will depend on various factors, such as the type of housing you live in and the conditions of your lease. 
  • If you live in supported, or sheltered housing, you should contact us as you may also have different rights to keep a pet depending on the scheme or accommodation in which you live.

If this is your case please contact us.

Do I need permission to have a pet?

Yes, you'll need written permission from us before you keep a pet.

The process is different depending on whether you're renting your home from us or you're a shared owner or leaseholder.

  • If you're a leaseholder or shared ownership customer your rights will depend on various factors, such as the type of housing you live in and the conditions of your lease. 
  • If you live in supported, or sheltered housing, you should contact us as you may also have different rights to keep a pet depending on the scheme or accommodation in which you live.

If this is your case please contact us.

In what circumstances are you likely to refuse a request for a pet?

We'll deal with each application for keeping a pet on a case by case basis. A small and reasonable number of the following pets may be kept:

  • Small caged animals, for example, hamsters or guinea pigs.
  • Caged domestic birds.
  • Fish in tanks, or bowls, including tropical fish. Not exceeding 33 Gallons (155 litres)
  • Non Venomous arachnids, insects, or reptiles in a tank or cage.

Please be aware that permission is dependent on various factors.

What do you class as a pet?

A pet is a tame animal, fish, insect or bird kept as a companion. Our tenancy agreements allow tenants to keep certain types of pets under certain conditions.

What happens if my pet is causing a nuisance?

It will be dealt with as an anti-social behavioural issue and may lead to you being asked to re-house the pet.

What if I don't have permission for a pet and do not remove it?

If you don't have permission to keep a pet, you may have been advised to remove the pet from your home within 10 working days.

If you don't remove your pet we may take legal action to remove the pet from the home. This may include tenancy enforcement action such as an injunction or possession proceedings in extreme cases.

Resident involvement

What do I need to know about The Garden?

 The Garden is our online community for our residents. It’s an open and safe space for everyone, to grow ideas, share views and find solutions together. Residents are encouraged to share their feedback and ideas in a fun way using quick polls, idea boards, question and answer sessions and other interactive tools.

Residents can get involved in a range of projects focusing on building safety, local communities, helping us to perform better, resident groups and improving our complaints experience to name a few.


How much will a new fob cost?

A new standard communal fob will cost between £10 and £15.

A Garage remote will cost between £20 to £65.

Please contact us to request a new fob.


Can you help me buy carpets for my home if I'm on a low income?

We cannot help you to buy carpets, however you may wish to look into a budgeting loan.

Please see the Gov.UK site for more details on budgeting loans.

How can I contact you?

Find out all the ways in which you can contact us.

How can I get a job at Peabody?

If you would like to work with us please take a look at the careers page on our website for jobs that we have at the moment.

What is the contact telephone number for your customer hub?

You can contact our customer hub on 0300 456 2099 or get in touch online.

What is your office address?

If you plan to visit us please see our main website for our office locations.

However, if you want to write to us, or send documents, regardless of which is your local office please send all correspondence to our central office at: Peabody, 45 Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7JB.

We will pass the correspondence on to the right member of staff within 24 hours and will scan your correspondence onto our main system so that we have a record of it.

How can I make a complaint?

We should make every effort to try and resolve any concerns you have before you escalate to making a  complaint.

If it has not been possible to resolve the issue, you, or your representative can choose to make a complaint.

Sustainability and energy

Am I allowed to install a smart meter?

You don’t need permission from Peabody to install a smart meter. This is between you and your energy supplier.

Our energy advice service run by AgilityEco provides free energy and water-saving advice sessions for all our residents. This includes advice about the pros and cons of having a smart meter installed.

If you'd like to speak to AgilityEco, please call the Customer Hub on 0300 123 3456. 

How can I be more environmentally friendly in my home?

Besides saving water and energy in the home, other things you can do to help the environment and reduce your carbon footprint are:

  • Walk, cycle or use public transport instead of using a car, especially for shorter journeys.
  • Recycle as much of your waste as possible. Most local authorities will recycle your paper, cardboard, glass, tin cans and plastic. Some will also recycle your food waste.
  • If you have a garden then you can grow your own organic vegetables, compost your food and garden waste or install a water butt to water your garden from the rainwater.
  • Buy local, natural or ethically-sourced products or those with a sustainability accredited logo, such as ‘FSC-certified’ (Forest Stewardship Council) paper and wood.
  • Help to enhance your local natural environment by encouraging wildlife through installing window boxes for flowers, bird boxes or bird feeders on nearby trees or walls and ‘bug hotels’ in gardens.
  • Take part in local events, get to know your neighbours and help to build stronger, more resilient and sustainable communities.

How can I contact the Peabody's Energy Advice Service?

Visit our website, and to book your free energy advice session with our energy advice service. Agility Eco will then call you within five working days to arrange a date and time for your energy advice telephone session. Please expect a call from this number: 0800 073 9212.

After your energy advice telephone session you'll receive a summary in the post with all of your advisor’s recommendations.

I am looking to buy a home, what can I look out for if I am interested in a sustainable home?

Every new home will have an Energy Performing Certificate (EPC) to say how energy efficient the home is. The EPC of a home will be classified between A as the most energy efficient through to G for the least energy efficient, so look out for an A or at least a B.

I rent my Peabody home, what kinds of changes can I make to make my home more energy efficient?

There are a number of devices that will help to reduce your energy bills for a relatively low cost:

  • Book a session with our free home energy advice service to learn more about making your home more energy efficient.
  • Install a home energy monitor (electricity only) or ask your energy provider for a free Smart Meter (gas and electricity). You can see how much energy you use each day and find out which appliances and gadgets are costing you the most. Discover more information on smart meters
  • If you live in an older home with uninsulated walls, fit reflectors to all radiators on external walls. These are silver panels that reflect the heat back into the room rather than letting the heat pass through the wall to the outside. We may be able to send these to you free of charge.
  • Fit LED (light emitting diodes) lights. They are even more energy efficient than compact fluorescent bulbs and can last as long as 20 years. You will save money both on your bills and on replacing your bulbs. 

How can I save money on my water bills?

See the following for ideas on how to save money on your water bills:

  • Switch to a water meter, it’s free and you’ll only be charged for the water you use. To find out if it’s worth switching, check the water meter calculator tool from the Consumer Council for Water.
    Please note that if you wish to install a water meter, you will require authorisation from us if the meter is to be installed within the boundaries of our land (you do not require permission for meters installed in the pavement). Please contact us to discuss your plans.
  • Fit water saving devices such as water efficient shower heads, low flow taps or flow regulators that can be fitted to existing taps, and ‘hippos’ that fit into your water cistern if you don’t have a dual flush button. Contact your water utility provider for more details
  • When you buy a new dishwasher or washing machine look out for details for the most water and energy efficient models.
  • Take showers instead of baths – a five minute shower can save up to £25 on water bills.
  • Turn off taps while brushing your teeth, shaving, or washing your face.
  • Repair dripping taps.
  • Use the sink, or a bowl to wash up dishes or vegetables, rather than a running tap.

Visit our household tips page for more suggestions on ways to save on your energy bills. You can also book a session with our free energy advice service to learn more about saving money on your energy and water bills.


How do I register my solar panels?

If you’re a shared owner or a homeowner and you haven't registered your solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, and they were installed after 14 January 2016, you can apply to your electricity supplier to get the ‘Feed-in tariff’ (FiT) payments. This is in effect a grant from the Government according to how much electricity your panels are generating.

You'll need your Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) certificate and your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), both of which you should have received in your Home Manual Pack.

Go online or contact your energy supplier for more information about how to apply.

Discover more information about how the Feed-in Tariff works.

Don’t have a copy of your certificate?

If you haven't received the MCS Certificate or don’t have a copy of your EPC please get in touch with us, giving your full name and address. Our Sustainability team will contact you to let you what you need, along with the relevant copies of certificates.

How can I register my solar panels if I don’t have the MCS certificate, EPC certificate or proof of purchase?

If you didn't receive these documents when you purchased your home, please contact us and ask to speak to the sustainability team who will have these documents sent to you.

Once you have these document you'll be able to register your panels with your chosen electricity supplier. 


Can a joint tenant remove their name from a joint tenancy agreement?

Yes, however you will need the agreement of the other tenant.

To start with you need to complete a ‘Joint-to-Sole’ application form, and have the other tenant sign it too.

Once the process is under way, both of you will need to come to our offices to sign the deed of assignment.

Please contact us to discuss your request and obtain an application form.

Can I have a lodger or rent out a room in my home?

Yes, if you rent your home from us you will (in most cases) be allowed to take in a lodger, provided you have our written permission. However there are some very important aspects for you to consider before making this decision. Please contact us to discuss this.

If you're a leaseholder you should check the terms of your lease, and if in doubt, please contact us.

-Can I rent out my entire home?

No, sub-letting the whole of the home will be treated as abandonment and a breach of your tenancy agreement.

We will take action to regain possession if you sub-let your home. You may also be liable to criminal prosecution in some circumstances.

Can I transfer within the first year of my tenancy?

Yes, you can exchange within the first year of your tenancy, unless you are on a Starter Tenancy Agreement.

Please contact us to discuss this.

Do I need permission to have a shed?

This depends on whether you share the garden with other residents.

If you don't share a garden with other residents and only you have access to the garden, then you don't need our permission. However if you leave your home, you'll be responsible for taking the shed with you.

If it's a communal garden (one that you share with other residents) then we will need to give permission for you to have a shed.

In this case, please contact us with details of where and when you would like to put the shed up. We will then let you know if it is ok for you to go ahead.

How can I add someone as a joint tenant?

To request an application form, or if you have any queries please contact us.

How can I add someone to my household?

You'll need to fill out a form and you should also provide us with the following information:

  • Identification documents of the person you wish to add.
  • Details of who they are and their relationship to you.
  • Documents that evidence their relationship to you, for example a marriage certificate.
  • Details of when they will be living with you.

Our tenancy management team will then review all the information that you have provided and be in touch.

Please note, when we add someone to the home as a household member this does not make them a tenant. To add someone to the tenancy, they must be added as a joint tenant.

If you would like to add a household member, please contact us to ask for a form.

How can I get a copy of my tenancy agreement?

You should have been given a copy of your tenancy agreement at the time of signature. If you do not have it, please contact us to request an electronic copy.

Food Bank

Support finder

We’ve put together a list of organisations and online resources to help you with cost-of-living payments, support your health and wellbeing and boost your skills and career opportunities.
Woman at computer screen

Contact us

See all the ways you can get in touch with us to talk about your rent and finances, household permissions, neighbourhood enquiries and repairs.