All about social housing.

What is social housing?

Social housing is rented accommodation provided by:

  • The Peabody Group – for existing tenants wishing to move into another Peabody home
  • Your local council, who will assess your eligibility
  • Other housing associations

Who is eligible?
This is determined by local authorities, and people are prioritised according to the banding they are given.

Existing Peabody tenants who have a secure or assured tenancy agreement are also eligible (subject to lettings policy eligibility criteria). Find out how to apply for an internal transfer.

How do I apply?
You need to be registered with your local council, who will assess your housing need. They may house you, give you a banding and bidding number for a waiting list, or advise you of alternative options.

Go to to find out more

To find out more, please go to your housing options explained and/or download more information about your rehousing options (pdf, 606kb).