Gallions privacy and data protection
This notice tells you what to expect when we collect any personal information about you, whether that is via the website or through any other contact with Gallions
Who is responsible for my information?
Gallions is the registered data controller (registration number Z539460X) for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and is responsible for the collection, processing, storage and safe keeping of your personal data.
What information do we collect about you and how will we use that information?
We collect and process personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Providing social housing and accommodation
- Providing associated welfare services, advice and support
- Administering housing and property grants
- Carrying our related research
- Information in relation to diversity — this information supports our compliance with the Equality Act 2010
- Information which supports us in safeguarding the health and safety our employees
- In order to comply with any other legal obligations
We will only collect that information that we need to deliver services to you and to meet our legal obligations.
Who may we share your information with?
Information will be shared across our organisation, where necessary, to ensure that you are receiving all the services that are available to you. Only staff who need to see your personal data will be allowed access to it.
In most circumstances we will not disclose your personal information without consent.
However there may be situations where it is necessary for us to share some of your information with others. Where this is the case, we will only make such disclosures when they are in line with our obligations under the Data Protection Act or where they are required by law. Organisations that we may share data with are as follows:
- Housing benefits departments and benefits offices
- Local authorities
- Electricity/water/gas companies
- Other organisations within the Peabody Group. They are Peabody Enterprises Ltd, Peabody Group Maintenance, Peabody Services, Peabody Land Ltd, Peabody Land Ltd, Gallions Housing Associations and Family Mosaic
- Organisations that we contract/partner with to provide services on our behalf
- National Housing Federation
- Housing Associations Regulator
Some examples of why we may share information with these organisations are as follows:
- The prevention or detection of crime and fraud
- In connection with legal proceedings
- In relation to the physical or mental health of an individual, where disclosure is required to protect them or others from serious harm;
- For research and statistical purposes
- In order to carry out our contractual obligations
- In order that third parties can carry out duties or services on our behalf
- To protect the health and safety of our staff
- To comply with the law
Personal data collected by us will normally be stored and processed in the United Kingdom. However please note that if you access your account via the Peabody website whilst abroad, this constitutes the transfer of your information outside of the country and we cannot guarantee the same level of security in these instances.
Your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998
Access to your own personal information
Under section 7 of the Data Protection Act you have right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like to do this, please put your request in writing and send it to Gallions, PO Box 268, Sidcup, Kent, DA15 0FB or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We don't normally make a charge for this, however, we do reserve the right to make a charge of no more than £10 for more complex cases.
The right to challenge information held about you
You have the right to ask for any information to be removed from your file that you think is inaccurate, out of date, misleading or excessive.
The right to object to direct marketing
We don't normally participate in any direct marketing schemes and your information will never be sold or passed on to third parties for this purpose.
By using this website you agree to the collection and use of your personal information as described in this policy. If we make any significant changes to this policy we will endeavour to notify you by posting a notice of such changes in a prominent position on the relevant website.
Information supplied to us will be processed and stored on a secure server and may be used in connection with future visits to this website to facilitate easy repeated use. Transaction processes will use data encrypted using a Secured Socket Layer (SSL) session. You should ensure that your version of your web browser supports SSL.
We may collect and process details of your visits to the website, including, but not limited to traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own financial tracking purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.