Loud music is not anti-social behaviour unless it’s persistent or excessive.

What’s the best way to deal with loud music from your neighbour?

One off parties or events are acceptable, providing the noise is not excessive and does not result in other issues such as criminal activity. But if you think your neighbour’s music is too loud or for long periods and is having an adverse effect on you, we advise that you speak to them as this is the quickest and simplest way to solve the problem and your neighbour would probably prefer that you to speak to them before contacting us.

Or you can use one of our “Dear neighbour” cards to politely let them know you are being disturbed. These can be requested from our Customer service team. Alternatively you can leave a polite note for your neighbour.

If you don’t feel comfortable speaking to them and If you are still being disturbed you can contact your local authority Environmental Health Team as other residents may have complained as well.

If the situation still doesn’t improve; report it to us and we will investigate. For your own records, it’s useful to keep a note or diary of what time the noise occurs and what you were doing at the time. This might be useful if the noise continues and we need to take action. In some cases we will install noise monitoring equipment to gather more information.