What is antisocial behaviour, and how we respond.

It’s important to us that our residents live together in an environment of respect and tolerance.

It’s important to us that our residents live together in an environment of respect and tolerance.

We take anti-social behaviour very seriously and we will not tolerate it in any form and we will do all we can to tackle it. We will use a range of preventative measures, early intervention and legal action to tackle ASB. This includes the full range of tools and powers available to us as outlined in the ASB, Policing and Crime Act 2014.

What is antisocial behaviour?

In general terms, anti-social behaviour (ASB) is any action that can cause nuisance or annoyance to anyone. ASB can affect some people more than others so we always look at the individual’s experience and the impact the behaviour has.

Before reporting ASB to us

You should first try speaking to your neighbour, if you can try using a Dear neighbour card or request it from our Customer service team. It’s likely that your neighbour would prefer that you speak to them first before contacting us as they may not be aware they are causing problem.

We will record all reports of ASB but will only take action or investigate what we feel is genuine ASB or behaviour which is caused by someone acting unreasonably. We expect most people to resolve their disputes themselves.

If you are experiencing ASB, select the type below to find out what we can do to help and what you should do yourself.

Next steps

We will refer you, with your permission, to a Neighbourhood Manager or Community Safety Officer who will tell you about the options available and agree an action plan with you.

You can also speak to a tenant support worker for specialist advice services.

If you've been assaulted, threatened with violence, had your property damaged, or if another criminal act was involved, please also report this to the police.

How we tackle ASB

Our ASB factsheet (pdf, 120kb) outlines how we deal with ASB after it is reported, and what action we may take.

We can issue a formal warning, use an acceptable behaviour contract or in extreme cases take out an injunction or possession order.

Going to court as a witness?

We can also work with the council and police, either to stop the behaviour or ban perpetrators from an area.

Find your local Metropolitan Police Safer Neighbourhoods Team