- My account
- All about repairs
- Rent and service charges
- Safer communities
- Homeowner information
- Resident involvement
- Benefits and budgeting
- Health and safety
- Report an issue
Making a Difference: Environment Improvement Budget
Got an idea to improve your estate or block?
The Making a Difference: Environment Improvement Budget (formerly the Estate Controlled Environmental Improvement Budget) fund of £300,000 is available each year for residents. It has been created so that they can introduce small improvements to communal areas.
How does it work?
Tenants/residents associations and other groups can bid for up to £10,000 for projects such as installing cycle sheds, refurbishing community halls, creating new flower beds and installing benches. The bids are considered and the funding agreed by our Regional Residents’ Forums.
Planters at Chelsea Gardens, SW3, installed after a successful fund application
When making a bid, it's important to tell us the benefit you think your initiative will make to your local community. You'll also need to demonstrate that at least 20% of residents affected by your proposal are in support. You can do this by, for example, getting signatures or holding meetings.
What types of projects can be funded?
Some examples are:
- Bicycle racks
- New gates and railings
- Window boxes
- Planters and plants
- Pigeon deterrents
- Replacement carpet in a community hall
- New goal posts for a football cage
- New benches on an estate
- Art projects
- A greenhouse
What types of projects can't be funded?
- Works that are our responsibility, for example installing/replacing door entry systems, external decoration, internal decoration to blocks, replacing communal carpets
- Items that will result in ongoing servicing or specialist maintenance, for example installing new CCTV systems, automatic gates, computers/IT equipment
- Large projects that will have an impact on the estate or building service charge, for example large areas of landscaping
- Certain high-cost improvements on estates where there is a mix of leaseholders and tenants – check with your neighbourhood manager first
- Repairs to existing improvements that were funded by a Making a Difference (formerly ECEIB) bid
- Requests for initiatives that are in a location where Quality Homes or Improve or other development works are scheduled
How to apply
Contact your neighbourhood manager.