- Residents' handbook
- Rent and service charges
- Safer communities
- Resident involvement
- Benefits and budgeting
- Homeowner information
- Health and safety
- Succession and assignment
Fire safety is a key priority for us – and there are a few simple steps you can take to reduce risks too.
Fire safety: escape routes
We want to make sure that the fire brigade can reach you easily if there's a fire and that you can get out quickly and easily in an emergency.
- If you live in a home with a balcony, you should keep it clear. If your balcony is cluttered it can contribute to the spread of fire and prevent the fire services from doing their jobs properly. Please do not smoke on your balcony.
- It's very important that communal areas like corridors, walkways and fire doors are kept clear of obstructions like rubbish, prams, bikes, furniture or clothes.
If you find rubbish or anything blocking communal areas or fire escapes, please contact us
Gas cylinder devices
Gas cylinder devices – including portable gas heaters, gas-fuelled barbecues and blow torches – pose the risk of fire or explosions. We don't allow gas cylinder devices to be used or stored anywhere on our estates, including on balconies, in roof-top gardens, communal gardens and indoor communal areas. Contact your local council to arrange disposal.
Other fire safety measures
We've worked with the London Fire Brigade to come up with a robust programme of fire safety measures you can follow:
- Test your smoke alarm to make sure it works. If you don't have a smoke alarm, you can get one free by phoning the London Fire Brigade on 0800 028 4428.
- Be careful with candles and keep them away from curtains, carpets, furniture, bedding and other flammable items.
- Keep matches and lighters out of reach of children.
- Don't leave cigarettes, pipes or candles unattended.
- Use deep ashtrays to prevent cigarettes from rolling out – and don't throw hot ash into waste bins.
- Make sure you switch off heaters and cookers when you're not using them.
- Don't use or store devices that run on a gas cylinder.
- Keep communal areas clear of obstructions.
- Please be sure to test your smoke alarm regularly.
Find out more