Peabody employee in front of van at Peabody Avenue

Includes communal repairs, home improvements and major works.

Home improvements

All residents need to apply to us before carrying out home improvements. Please contact us for a resident home improvement form.

Shared walkways and access routes

We'll take reasonable care to keep the common entrances, halls, stairways, lifts, passageways, rubbish chutes and other common parts (including electric lighting) in reasonable repair and fit for use.

Communal lock changes

There may be times when we need to replace communal locks. If this happens:

  • Residents will be notified by letter 48 hours in advance of a communal lock change.
  • The notification letter will contain two replacement keys for each property.
  • Residents requiring additional keys can request them by contacting us. Please note:
    • If you're requesting new keys there may be a charge 
    • If you had more than two keys originally Peabody will replace each one at no extra cost. Old keys must be returned to us in order to receive replacements.

Installations and supplies

We'll keep installations provided by us in proper repair and good working order. This includes anything related to heating, water heating and sanitation as well as water, gas and electricity supplies. For example:

  • basins, sinks, baths, toilets, flushing systems and waste pipes
  • electric wiring including sockets and switches
  • gas pipes and water pipes
  • water heaters, fireplaces, fitted fires and central heating installation

Maintenance of any additional items

If, as part of your tenancy, any of the items below are provided by us, we will maintain and keep them in good working order:

  • washing machine
  • cooker
  • refrigerator/freezer

If you're a leaseholder you may be charged for elements of the work carried out. For more information please contact us.

Commercial property repairs

If you’re a commercial property tenant, you’ll find specific information in your lease, which you should always check before contacting us.

Need to report a repair?

Report a repair