- All about repairs
- Rent and service charges
- Safer communities
- Resident involvement
- Benefits and budgeting
- Homeowner information
- Health and safety
- Succession and assignment
Repairs: general information
Includes communal repairs, home improvements and major works.
- Home improvements
- Shared walkways and access routes
- Communal lock changes
- Installations and supplies
- Maintenance of any additional items
- Commercial properties
- Report a repair
All residents need to apply to us before carrying out home improvements. Please contact us for a resident home improvement form.
We'll take reasonable care to keep the common entrances, halls, stairways, lifts, passageways, rubbish chutes and other common parts (including electric lighting) in reasonable repair and fit for use.
There may be times when we need to replace communal locks. If this happens:
- Residents will be notified by letter 48 hours in advance of a communal lock change.
- The notification letter will contain two replacement keys for each property.
- Residents requiring additional keys can request them by contacting Peabody Direct. Please note:
- If you're requesting new keys there may be a charge
- If you had more than two keys originally Peabody will replace each one at no extra cost. Old keys must be returned to us in order to receive replacements.
We'll keep installations provided by us in proper repair and good working order. This includes anything related to heating, water heating and sanitation as well as water, gas and electricity supplies. For example:
- basins, sinks, baths, toilets, flushing systems and waste pipes
- electric wiring including sockets and switches
- gas pipes and water pipes
- water heaters, fireplaces, fitted fires and central heating installation
If, as part of your tenancy, any of the items below are provided by us, we will maintain and keep them in good working order:
- washing machine
If you’re a commercial property tenant, you’ll find specific information in your lease, which you should always check before contacting us.Report a repair