Get on your bike and cycle!
Keep fit and build your biking confidence whilst exploring different areas in South East London.
Exploring different areas each time, Cycle Deptford is a fun way to help you get fit and see more of your surrounding neighbourhoods.
Who can join?
The rides are suitable for everyone aged 7+ (under 16s must be accompanied by an adult), so you can bring your family along for a friendly Saturday morning cycle ride with your local community.
You don’t need to be a cycling expert either – our leaders have undergone special training to help people get back on the saddle, and build up beginners’ cycling confidence.
All rides start at Leander Community Centre, Ship Street, SE8 4DH
Every other Saturday throughout May to September. Planned routes (subject to change):
- Saturday, 17 June – Deptford Park (4 miles)
- Saturday, 1 July – Horniman Park (5 miles)
- Saturday, 15 July – Charlton Lido (8 miles)
- Saturday, 29 July – Eltham Palace (6 miles)
- Saturday, 12 August – Greenwich Park (4 miles)
- Saturday, 26 August – Millwall Football Club (5 miles)
- Saturday, 9 September – Brunel Museum, Rotherhithe (7 miles)
- Saturday, 23 September – Mudchute Farm (5 miles)
Arrive at 10am for a 10.30am start
2 hours (we aim to be back in Deptford by 12pm)
Free to join – just come along with a roadworthy bike, and comfortable clothing and footwear.
Don’t have your own bike?Don’t worry! You can borrow a free bike from Cycle Deptford
Alternatively, please get in touch with Catherine Andrews from Peabody on 07860 733 320. We’re wheelie looking forward to seeing you there…