Homes for key workers
Affordable housing options for London key workers
We provide affordable housing options for London key workers who do not qualify for social housing and are not currently in a position to enter into home ownership. These homes are former Crown Estate properties so we call them our Regency Portfolio.
They offer fantastic value for money, typically priced between 20%-35% less than the average market rent. They're located in vibrant communities with great transport links
Keyworkers are public sector employees who provide a vital frontline service in areas of health, education and community safety. To be eligible for the scheme, you need to work for one of the organisations listed here.
New applicants (and applicants who are transferring) must meet our current criteria to be eligible.
In order to qualify applicants must:
- Be a key worker whose employer has nomination rights (only key workers from the specified organisations listed can apply). Key workers must provide a headed letter from their employers confirming their key worker status.
- Be on a permanent/ fixed term contract of six months or more with the employer (i.e. not on a zero hour contract or be an agency staff)
- Be a Peabody tenant from a Regency Portfolio estate whose transfer request has been accepted.
- Have permanent leave to reside in the UK (a copy of your documents confirming this must be included with your application).
My employer is not listed on the eligible employers?
Our eligibility criteria may differ from other housing associations, please check our Intermediate market rent scheme for other housing options.
Everyone accepted onto the scheme will be given a unique reference number which includes a registration date.
If your application is refused, we will be happy to discuss this decision and alternative housing options.
As well as working for one of these organisations, you need to meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Your total household income must be less than £71,000 per year if applying for a one or two-bedroom property.
- Your total household income must be less than £85,000 per year if applying for a property of three-bedrooms or more.
- You are unable to purchase a suitable home to meet your housing needs on the open market.
- You do not already own a home or you will have sold your current home before you purchase or rent.
- You can independently afford the rent without recourse to public funds
To be eligible for the scheme you are required to fall into one of the following categories:
- London NHS
- London Local Authority Teachers
- London Fire Brigade
- London Ambulance Service
- Metropolitan and City Police
- Transport for London
- Houses of Parliament
- HM Prison and Probation Service