Right to Buy is a Government scheme offering most council tenants, and former council tenants who are now housing association tenants, the chance to buy their home at a discount.

If you used to be a council tenant and the council sold or transferred your home to Peabody, you may be eligible to apply for a Peabody housing association Right to Buy home.

How to apply for Right to Buy

You can find more information, including an application form, on the Government website: Right to Buy: buying your Council home

You may also find these pages useful:

If you are interested, please complete the application form and send it to: 

Resident Sales team
Albion House

20 Queen Elizabeth Street
United Kingdom

We'll confirm whether you have the Right to Buy and, if you are eligible, explain the next steps in buying your home.

Right to Buy latest

The Government has proposed to extend the Right to Buy to Housing Association tenants. The National Housing Federation is currently working with the Government to establish how this will work in practice.

You can find more information about these proposals on the Government website: Right to Buy – Housing Association Tenants. You can also keep up to date with the latest news here.

NB: If you're not eligible for Right to Buy but live in a estate built after 1997, find out whether you're eligible for Right to Acquire.