Our mission is as vibrant today as it was in 1862: to make London a city of opportunity for all.
- Who we are
- What we do
- Working for us
- Our performance
What we do
We're one of London's oldest and largest housing providers, also delivering an extensive range of community programmes. Learn more about what we do.
The Peabody Donation Fund was founded in 1862 by the great American philanthropist George Peabody. Now called Peabody, we own and manage more than 29,000 homes in most boroughs of the capital. We also deliver and support a wide range of community programmes for all Londoners.
Our principal activities
- The provision of rented housing for people who are unable to afford to rent or buy in the open market.
- The provision of low-cost home ownership, particularly shared ownership
- Development of new homes across the full range of tenures to alleviate housing need in London
- Delivery of community services activities through the Peabody Community Foundation.
- Over the next ten years we are planning a £1bn regeneration programme for South Thamesmead.
Learn more about who we are
We respond to government consultations on issues that affect us and our residents.