- My account
- All about repairs
- Rent and service charges
- Safer communities
- Homeowner information
- Resident involvement
- Benefits and budgeting
- Health and safety
- Local services
Our Residents Council is a strategic resident group which monitors and evaluates the way we deliver services. The Council has direct links to the Peabody Board.
Our Residents Council scrutinizes and reviews services to ensure that we consult on all customer-facing policies. It reviews service delivery, raises concerns and makes recommendations.
The Council also oversees resident involvement across Peabody and can escalate issues from the regional forums.
The Residents Council's Terms of Reference (pdf, 80kb)
Join our Residents Council
We’re always looking for enthusiastic and engaged people to join the Council.
Council members will need to:
- attend six core Residents Council meetings a year
- commit to working on scrutiny reviews up to four hours a month (depending on the review and level of involvement)
- be objective about issues that affect residents across Peabody
- have a positive attitude towards working with Peabody
Further details about the skills required can be found in the Skills and Training Matrix (pdf, 241kb).
Find out more
If you think you would like to be a Council member, or would like to know more, please contact us at Get.Involved@peabody.org.uk. You can also send us a message via this form:
About the Resident Scrutiny Panel
The Resident Scrutiny Panel was the predecessor to the Residents Council. They conducted a number of reviews over a three-year period:
- Review of residents' experience of Peabody's antisocial behaviour service across the Community Safety and Neighbourhood teams (June 2016). Scrutiny review (437kb)
- Review of Neighbourhood Managers and how they promote and Encourage Resident Involvement, Scrutiny review (pdf, 505kb)
- Review of communication within the repairs process, Scrutiny review (pdf, 583kb)
- Review of the Estate Controlled Environmental Improvement Budget (ECEIB)
Scrutiny review (pdf, 418kb)
Peabody runs lots of exciting programmes and things to do in London – mostly free and open to everyone. Download our impact report to see what we've achieved over the past 12 months: Peabody Group impact report 2016 (pdf, 6mb)