- My account
- All about repairs
- Rent and service charges
- Safer communities
- Homeowner information
- Resident involvement
- Benefits and budgeting
- Health and safety
Reporting a repair
A guide to booking a repair for Peabody and Gallions residents.
You can report a repair on 0800 022 4040 or 020 7021 4444
(emergency service operates 8pm–8am and at weekends and public holidays)
||0800 111 999|
|Electric sparks?||0800 022 4040|
|Flooding?||0800 022 4040|
You can also report a repair to us in the following ways: contacting Peabody Direct, by letter, or in in person.
You will need to provide us with your name, address and a contact telephone number. When you report your repair by phone we will also need to ask you some security questions to verify your identity.
NB Our online repair-reporting service is currently unavailable but we are investigating alternatives. In the meantime, you can use our report an issue form.
If the repair is our responsibility to fix, it will be given a repair priority when you contact us, depending on how urgent it is. This priority is in line with those listed in the tenants handbook. We will allocate it to one of these two categories:
Emergency - made safe within 24 hours
These include work that affects the safety and security of you, your property or your possessions, including:
- total loss of electricity or mains water
- no heating or hot water (except during 1 May–31 Oct, when we aim to complete the repair within five working days)
- backflow from a main drain
- a blocked toilet if it is the only one in the property (we may charge you for this)
- burst plumbing, if the flooding cannot be stopped by turning off the water
- boarding up unsafe doors and windows
Please note that all emergency repairs must be called through to Peabody Direct to ensure that we can respond promptly. Emergencies should not be reported through this website or by email.
Routine - completed within 20 working days
- minor repairs to a door-entry system or TV aerial
- minor leaks and blockages
- renewing a broken bath, basin or toilet
- repairing or replacing sockets or light fittings
- routine glazing (not double-glazed units)
- replacing emergency boarding (we may charge you for this)
- minor joinery repairs
We are able to offer repair appointments between 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. We will not usually offer you an appointment slot if you are reporting a communal repair.
When you make an appointment for a repair, we will allocate you a two-hour appointment slot. Please note a two-hour window means that our contractor will arrive at your property in that time. It does not mean work will be completed in that time.
Booking your repair
For most repairs we will aim to make an appointment when you call. For some types of work we will ask the contractor to contact you and make the appointment directly with you.
If you are unable to keep the appointment slot you have been offered, then please contact us to re-arrange this.
If the contractor cannot gain access they will leave a card informing you to rebook, the repair will be cancelled and you may be charged for the missed appointment. Please rebook with Peabody Direct.
If the repair contractor does not attend the appointment at the arranged time, please notify Peabody Direct to follow up on the appointment. You may be able to claim compensation.
More things to bear in mind
- You will be offered an appointment (unless the repair is to a communal area) so that our surveyors, repairs staff or contractors can visit and assess the work that needs to be carried out. If you do not allow us, or anyone employed by us, into your home after agreeing a time and date, we may take legal action to enter your home. We will charge you the cost of doing this.
- Our staff and contractors will be polite and courteous when they arrive and will show you identification. If you are not sure who they are please contact Peabody Direct for advice.
- The contractor will tidy up after the repair and will be responsible for making good any disturbed decorations so that they are the 'closest match'. Please note we cannot guarantee that replacement components such as tiles will always match existing ones particularly where you have fitted your own.
- You will be responsible for moving any furniture which will enable our contractors to access the area needed to carry out the repair. You will also need to lift and relay any carpet or laminate flooring fitted should this be required.
Please note that we may phone or visit you after the work is completed to ensure you were happy with the repair - this is part of our work to ensure that residents are receiving a good quality of service.