If damage is caused by you or a member of your household, the repair is your responsibility. In certain cases we will carry out the work, especially in an emergency or other exceptional situation, but you will be charged for it.
Tenants are also responsible for:
- blockages to a sink, toilet or bath caused by you, your family or visitors, even if it is accidental
- providing extra locks
- repairing or replacing locks because of action by you, your family or visitors. This includes repairs or replacements because keys have been lost or stolen
- broken glass, if the damage has been caused by you, your family or visitors
- fitting door bells
- plumbing or repairs to equipment such as washing machines and dishwashers
- adapting inside doors to fit carpets
- fitting draught excluders
- replacing light bulbs, fluorescent strips and starters
Decorating is also the tenant's responsibility and is not part of the repairs process. We do however carry out a limited amount of redecoration work, depending on resources, for elderly or disabled residents who cannot carry out the work themselves and do not have anyone to do the work for them. If you would like to take part in this scheme, please contact Peabody Direct to check whether you are eligible.
In this article