Peabody's repair process
You can report a repair online or by calling our customer services department, Peabody Direct.
Where the repair is Peabody's responsibility, each request is given a repair priority according to urgency, and our staff and contractors work to keep inconvenience to a minimum.
Some repairs are tenants' responsibility and communal repairs should be discussed with individual neighbourhood managers.
If the repair is Peabody's responsibility:
- You will be offered an appointment (unless the repair is to a communal area) so that our surveyors, repairs staff or contractors can visit and assess the work that needs to be carried out. If you do not allow us, or anyone employed by us, into your home after agreeing a time and date, we may take legal action to enter your home. We will charge you the cost of doing this.
- You will be given a repair reference number and the target date for the work to be carried out.
- Our staff and contractors will be polite and courteous when they arrive and will show you identification. If you are not sure who they are please contact Peabody Direct for advice.
- The contractor will tidy up after the repair but will not generally be responsible for any redecoration work. Please note we cannot guarantee that replacement components will always match existing ones.
- We may phone after the work is completed to ensure you were happy with the repair - this is part of our work to ensure that residents are receiving a good quality of service.