Market rent and keyworker repairs
As a general guide we will be responsible for keeping the structure and exterior of the premises in good repair, and for ensuring the proper working order of any installations provided by Peabody for heating, water heating and sanitation and for the supply of water, gas and electricity.
As your landlord we are responsible for keeping the structure and exterior of the premises in good repair, including:
- drains, gutters and external pipes
- the roof
- outside walls, outside doors, window sills, window catches, sash cords and window frames including necessary external painting and decorating
- communal area internal walls, floors and ceilings, doors and door frames, door hinges and skirting boards
- chimneys, chimney stacks and flues (not including sweeping)
- pathways, steps or other means of access
- plaster work
- integral garages and stores
- boundary walls and fences
We will take reasonable care to keep the common entrances, halls, stairways, lifts, passageways, rubbish chutes and other common parts (including their electric lighting) in reasonable repair and fit for use by the tenant and other occupiers and visitors to the premises.
We will also keep in good repair and proper working order any installations provided by us for heating, water heating and sanitation and for the supply of water, gas and electricity, including:
- basins, sinks, baths, toilets, flushing systems and waste pipes
- electric wiring including sockets and switches
- gas pipes and water pipes
- water heaters, fireplaces, fitted fires and central heating installation
If any of the items below are provided by us as part of your tenancy, we will maintain and keep them in good working order:
Please note: check your individual tenancy agreement for specific repair responsibilities.
- washing machine