Homes for key workers
Affordable housing options for London key workers
We provide affordable housing options for London key workers who do not qualify for social housing and are not currently in a position to enter into home ownership. These homes are former Crown Estate properties so we call them our Regency Portfolio.
They offer fantastic value for money, typically priced between 20%-35% less than the average market rent. They're located in vibrant communities with great transport linksHow to register for our key worker scheme
Keyworkers are public sector employees who provide a vital frontline service in areas of health, education and community safety. To be eligible for the scheme, you need to work for one of the organisations listed below.
As well as working for one of these organisations, you need to meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Your total household income must be less than £71,000 per year if applying for a one or two-bedroom property.
- Your total household income must be less than £85,000 per year if applying for a property of three-bedrooms or more.
- You are unable to purchase a suitable home to meet your housing needs on the open market.
- You do not already own a home or you will have sold your current home before you purchase or rent.
- You can independently afford the rent without recourse to public funds
To be eligible for the scheme you are required to be employed by one of the following organisations:
- Barts and The London NHS Trust
- Camden and Islington Mental Health and Social Care Trust
- Camden NHS Primary Care Trust
- Camden Teachers
- Central & North West London NHS Trust
- Central and North West London Mental Health NHS Trust
- Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- Chelsea and Westminster Healthcare NHS Trust
- City and Hackney Teaching Primary Care NHS Trust
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust
- Guys and St Thomas’s NHS Trust
- Hackney Teachers
- Homerton University Hospital NHS Trust
- Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- House of Commons / House of Lords
- Imperial College Healthcare Trust
- Islington NHS Primary Care Trust
- Kensington and Chelsea Primary Care Trust
- Kings College Hospital Trust
- Lewisham Teachers
- London Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (runs the London Fire Brigade)
- London Underground Limited and Transport for London
- Metropolitan Police Service
- North East London Foundations Trust (NELFT)
- Parkside Health NHS Trust
- Riverside Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- South London & Maudsley NHS Trust
- St Mary’s NHS Trust
- St Olave's
- St Saviour's
- The University College London Hospitals NHS Trust
- Tower Hamlets Primary Care NHS Trust
- Tower Hamlets Teachers
- Westminster NHS Primary Care Trust
- Westminster Teachers
- Whittington Hospital
For a full list of criteria please refer to Section 4 of our key worker policy.