We’re joining forces with Hackney Council to deliver an exciting new volunteering project in the heart of East London.
What is Hackney Host?
The project will give Hackney residents the chance to help out in the run-up to the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games by getting involved in events and activities across the borough. We need 100 volunteers to help in areas like sports coaching, administration, media and arts. It’s an opportunity to learn new skills and play a key role in some of the activities surrounding the Games – with volunteers giving as much or as little of their time as they like.
Volunteers will have the chance to:
- Improve their self-confidence and meet new people
- Receive free training, including accredited first aid training
- Access support to help them find work
- Find out more about the 2012 Games and become 2012 champions.
Right: Hackney Host volunteers take part in first aid training.
We’ll also reimburse volunteers’ lunch and travel expenses.
How to apply
We've recruited our volunteers, and applications for Hackney Host are now closed.
- Sports coach assistants
- Event assistants
- Media assistants
- Administrative roles
- Outreach and marketing assistants
- Arts and cultural assistants
- 2012 Champions
If you’d like to find out more about the project, please email Jeanette Manu or call her on 020 7021 4659.
Hackney Host is supported by Team Hackney.